Monday 28 February 2011

Charity shop finds

For this weeks magpie Monday charity shop post I thought I'd start with the replica copper ship lanterns we found in a charity shop for £3.99 last week, my husband loved them instantly. They hold tea light candles at the moment which would look quite atmospheric on the patio for outdoor eating on a summer evening but my husband has been wondering whether he can convert them to run off solar power.


Next as my little ones are important too, I thought I would show you a couple of the things that they have found. This train set cost cost us £1.75 it is a fisher price geotrax set, normally very expensive, we took a bit of a chance because we didn't know it worked but luckily after putting it together everything works. There are more parts than you can see in the photograph but they only built a small track today, hours of fun!


We found this wooden doll's cradle for £3.00, it needs a small repair to the rocker at the bottom and a re paint but the work will be worth it and will keep my husband busy. This is so sturdy that my children can sit in it, perfect for my daughter.


I also bought some circular knitting needles, two pairs for 25p bargain price, not really sure how much these cost in the shops nowadays but they can't be as cheap as that!




 this post will be linked as a magpie monday post on the blog me and my shadow by missielizzie.

13 comments:

  1. Those are incredible prices! I need to move town I think!

    The ships lanterns are lovely and they will look great outdoors in the summer.

    Can't believe that train set, my daughter would love it. The dolls cot is lovely too, it really helps when you have someone handy who can renovate things.

    Thanks so much for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds, amazing lanterns and those kids toys are an absolute bargain!

    My blog is all about my charity shop and vintage finds

    ReplyDelete
  3. we love the ship lanterns too,they are hanging up in the utility room at the moment, I'm worried they will get rained on...LOL.

    we were especially lucky with the toy train set as it worked, and the cot is way more sturdy than some modern ones I have seen.

    thank-you for reading and your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those lanterns....and a great idea for outside on a summer evening! I wonder if you hang them from a strong tree branch, or in the middle of a table....any way LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds. Isn't it lovely to get a bargain xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab finds, that track is just great! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the lanterns and wonderful price for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What fab finds, my twins would love the geotrax set. i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE A BARGAIN FIND XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adore the lanterns. What a bargain.

    Just had a quick rummage round your blog. Love your craft activities especially the woven heart and the goldfish.

    I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank-you again for reading and all your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, love the lanterns.
    My finds are over at http://gigglingatitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, the laterns are very covetable ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm one of your newest followers and I tried your crayon melt wax paper art only for St. Patty's Day. They came out great!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    cowsgomooandducksgoquack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete